Old Franklin Foundation site sale completed
Franklin Foundation Hospital has completed the sale of the old hospital building and campus at 1501 Hospital Ave., which has been vacant since 2007.
The sale to MRP – St. Mary LLC sets in motion plans to refurbish and convert the property into an assisted living facility.
“We are pleased to complete the sale to a partner that will utilize the site for services that will complement the already superb health care offered here in Franklin,” FFH Chief Executive Officer Parker Templeton said.
In August 2012 the hospital’s Board of Commissioners approved a purchase agreement with MRP – St. Mary LLC to sell the 89,750 square foot former hospital for $100,000.
The campus includes approximately 4.2 acres; however the sale does not include the VA clinic or the Acadian Ambulance station.
MRP intends to convert the building into an assisted living facility that will serve the needs of the citizens of Franklin and the surrounding area.
According to MRP-St. Mary LLC representative Scott Gottsche, improvements on the former hospital should begin in the next six months.
Originally licensed as a 76-bed facility, the former hospital was reclassified as a critical access hospital in 2003, at which time the number of licensed beds was reduced to 25.
Construction of the former hospital was completed in 1962, with expansions built in 1966, 1968 and a one-story addition built in 1985.
In 2005, construction began on the new hospital campus and in August 2007, FFH physicians, staff and patients relocated to the new state-of-the-art facility located at 1097 Northwest Blvd.